6 Feb 2012

Opp shopping....one of my favourite outings

Vintage Holly Hobbie

My heart skipped a beat today when is saw this original Holly Hobbie  rag doll (first made in 1974) sitting at the bottom of a toy basket in the oppy today, marked 50c!! I rescued her & hurried her home for a quick spin in the washer, just waiting for her to dry so I can fixed her braids and pop her perfect dress back on. Squeeeee for me. Holly was my absolute fav when I was around 4, I can remember having this exact doll & my Mum making very similar dresses for me to wear. I may have also had Holly Hobbie bedding. I just checked her out on ebay, people are selling the same doll for around $25-40..score :)

Melamine plates & matching retro apron

My kids & I had a fab thrifty day at the oppy's today. With many lovely dollies, vintage pillow cases, floral fabric, cute wooden stool, retro red & blue gingham apron (for Lil) & my new peachy pie set of 6 gingham/floral plates.

The kids also found many treasures, they too are very good fossickers!

No comments:

Post a Comment